Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:06:52 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2007-03-05 at 12:30 +0100, M9. wrote:

> Not that it matters, but yes i agree to the opinion: Never postpone
> untill tomorrow, what you can get done by someone else today...
>
> Who's stopping who from solving bugs?

Pressure for new features is one reason, IMO.

> But, who or what decides which bugs are the most important?
> Bugs that are realy annoying, because they are so frequent that you have
> to workaround them every day, should have been solved first, is my opinion.

There should be a person that goes around checking the bugzilla list, full
time, taking decissions, asigning bugs, checking after some time same
bugs, asking the developper, asking the reporter, etc. I suppose they do
have such a dedicated person at Novell, but I have reported bugs for which
I got no comment at all after weeks... so I very much doubt they do have
him/her.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.