Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:20:36 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2007-03-04 at 22:21 -0600, Rajko M. wrote:

> After all posts about IRC, I decided to make a list of my reasons:

> There was a comment that email will be essentially repeating what is done on
> bugzilla.
>
> Yes, it will be, but using medium where threading is supported which will give
> us easy way to see who is replying to what, which thread goes in right
> direction. Bugzilla messages are not intended for discussions, and reading
> beyond first few posts becomes quite annoying experience.

Plus, email is faster than bugzilla, and doesn't need a (semi)permanent
network connection. Those people paying per minute or per kilobyte can
make better use of email than any web based approach, or chat.

An alternative, would be a private news server (with auth). Novell site
has one, if I remember correctly.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.