[opensuse-factory] 33 1/3RPM to wav
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 17:32:25 -0600
Hey Group;

I am about to embark on a job helping someone to get a 33 1/3 RPM old
audio record (as if you could find a new one.

Question number one is - I don't recall a true line level stereo input
on PC sound card. I do recall a AUX/CD stereo connector on the card or
a 1/8" stereo Line IN (at least I would like to see one) that can accept
a line from a HIFI type amp stereo line out.

From there I would have a linux mixer (qamix, kmix or the like) play
back over the speakers that signal. From a mixer I could create a
audiofile.wav.

Question #2 Anyone have knowledge from that point?

I would ultimately like to burn the audiofile.wav to a CD

Even better capture the music on www.sky.fm/smoothjazz which amarok does
so well.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email: " n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.