Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:39:46 +0100
Il giorno sab, 03/03/2007 alle 12.31 -0600, Rajko M. ha scritto:
> On Saturday 03 March 2007 11:59, Francis Giannaros wrote:
>
> > That's an argument against a meeting _time_, but not really against a
> > meeting day. If it's a bug triage weekend (or any given couple of days),
> > then different people can be on at different times. And particularly on a
> > weekend, people's sleeping patterns vary quite a bit, so I don't think it's
> > a problem.
>
> The IRC can be used as additional medium for fast exchange of thoughts and
> instant feedback, but take in consideration that the whole process can be
> very slow, at the times. Than if one is not present at right time it will
> miss discussion. I would rather combine email and IRC as appropriate, than to
> insist on one medium.
>
> > Like I said though anyway, this is a tried, tested and proven method: many
> > other projects have these, and they work tremendously well.
>
> I can see reasons why it works well and that is why I support the idea.

I agree with Francis on this. The interaction is a lot faster, more
helpful and also less frustrating on IRC than using ML and e-mails.

Just an example: I don't want to wait for 15 minutes to get an answer
when on IRC I can have direct interaction with the other users I'm
working with.

Moreover, doing testing days using ML/e-mail would just reduce their
effectiveness in my opinion. They would become just a sort of extensions
of what we are already doing through bugzilla/opensuse-factory.

Regards,
Alberto