Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: Francis Giannaros <francisg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:59:13 +0000
On Saturday 03 March 2007 15:22:21 Rajko M. wrote:
> On Saturday 03 March 2007 09:02, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:
> > I'm a bit critical about the _one_day_ bug testing because I think it's
> > too short to examine the bugs of something complex like a distribution.

> > I personally prefer shorter meetings in multiple days than 24 hours
> > meeting where everyone has to wait for the moment which interests him.
> > But of course this is an opinion.
>
> While IRC meetings are cooncentrated they exclude all people that are not
> in right time zone. With present number of active users that is not good. I
> would prefer one thread on this list that will announce start of triage and
> than separate threads for each bug.

That's an argument against a meeting _time_, but not really against a meeting
day. If it's a bug triage weekend (or any given couple of days), then
different people can be on at different times. And particularly on a weekend,
people's sleeping patterns vary quite a bit, so I don't think it's a problem.

Like I said though anyway, this is a tried, tested and proven method: many
other projects have these, and they work tremendously well.

Kind thoughts,
--
Francis Giannaros
Website: http://francis.giannaros.org