[opensuse-factory] i8k support on x86_64
  • From: "Ciro Iriarte" <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 04:24:54 -0300
Well, a few days ago a opened a ticket on bugzilla about a missing
module (i8k) in the x86_64 build of the kernel (i'm running 10.2 on a
Dell Inspiron 6400). People there indicated me that that module is
not supported on x86_64. I sent a mail to the kernel module developer
hoping to have an answer to validate my claim. It turns to be that
it's 32bit centry, BUT he sent me a patch reported to work. Is it
possible to include it on Factory (even better if it could be
backported to 10.2 :)

Module: i8k
What does: Provides support to Dell laptop sensors
Developer: Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks a lot
Ciro