Re: [opensuse-factory] Making the basesystem smaller
  • From: "Claes Bäckström" <claes.backstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:34:31 +0100
On 1/22/07, Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
* Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx> [Jan 22. 2007 15:50]:
> Jim Pye <jim.pye@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > However one thing I see missing, it could however be in things like
> > coreutils, is an editor. Not wanting to start a flame war but vi, emacs,
> > pico, nano etc.
>
> That's why I decided to leave this out. I do expect that those
> experts that use the minimal base system will add their own choice.

We could define the functionality "text editor" as a requirement, fulfilled
by any of the mentioned packages. So you can't have a minimal system without
an editor but you're still free to choose your own.

Yes please do, as I love vi and I probably never get that in the base
pattern as many others think it's not user-friendly.

Warm Regards,
Claes Backstrom