Re: [opensuse-factory] Making the basesystem smaller
  • From: "Claes Bäckström" <claes.backstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:10:28 +0100
On 1/18/07, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
"Claes Bäckström" <claes.backstrom@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Something I would like to see in the "base" pattern is tools to
> install new software and with that I don't only mean rpm but a way to
> use a network source for installation and update perhaps zypper? And I
> personally never install a machine nowdays without lvm2 so for me that
> is a essential tool (others might disagree). But the update/install
> parts is the most important.

You can always add other packages if needed for installation. So, if
there's agreement that lvm is not part of the bare base, you would
have to add it manually...

Andreas

Yes so I don't think that is so very important. Even better would be
if the installation would detect that I have configured lvm or evms so
it would autoadd the tools for it, and if we do it like that is should
NOT be in the pattern.

Warm Regards,
Claes Backstrom
Nry隊Z)z{.r+맲rz^ˬzuحڕ&ݱ隊Z)z{.r+^)z{.+