Re: [opensuse-factory] update to RC1 with add on source fails
  • From: M9 <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 11:56:47 +0100

Carlos E. R. schreef:

> The Friday 2006-12-01 at 03:33 -0000, Sid Boyce wrote:
>
>> Doing the same upgrade here, YOU failed because the network was not up. I
>> tried twice with Network Manager, everything looked OK but ifconfig lacked an
>> IP address. Used the old ifup method and that worked. I didn't file a bug as I
>> was busy with the problem where I couldn't add an Installation Source and it
>> YOU couldn't mount the DVD either - bug #222521, fixed by applying the patch
>> given to libzypp-2.9.1-5 source rpm.
>

> This is not the same thing. I'm stuck while updating the system from the
> DVD. It is the install system in the DVD which is running (168Mb root
> cramfs). Not any Yast or YOU available. No network scripts. No system
> installed at all.

I did do an update from 10.1 RM-Version to Beta2, and than to RC1.
This were CD's though..
The update to RC2 i did from factory, the day before yesterday, on a
32bit P4 1800MHz..

Network is after first boot in the new install (after CD1)

Did the update on 64Bit AMD 2800+ 1802.38 MHz also yesterday, from
server RC1>RC?.. No problems, finished <2 hours....

M9.