Re: [opensuse-factory] update to RC1 with add on source fails
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:31:19 +0100 (CET)

The Thursday 2006-11-30 at 22:23 +0100, Lukas Ocilka wrote:

> I hope this has been already fixed, we currently have an RC4.

What???

On <http://en.opensuse.org/Development_Version> only the RC1 is mentioned.
To make sure, I had a look at ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/, and
there is only an openSUSE-10.2-RC1 directory, no RC2..4 anywhere.

Are you perhaps confusing the Beta 4 with the release candidate?

> Anyway, you can run it again and start the network manually before you
> try to add that additional source:
> See this http://en.opensuse.org/YaST_Tips
>
> Ctrl+Shift+X -- opens xterm (`exit` or `Ctrl+d` to close it)
> or
> Ctrl+Alt+F2 -- switches from Qt to console (Alt+F7 to go back)
>
> then type `rcnetwork start` and see what happens ;)

Are you sure you can run such a thing when only the install system from
the DVD is running? Shouldn't the network be automatically started by the
install system before requesting to add network sources?

Have you tested to know if what you are recommending is feasible? I have my
doubts you know what you are suggesting...

Anyway... I have mounted the install system to check:

nimrodel:/mnt # mount -o ro,loop=/dev/loop1 /mnt/dvd/boot/i386/root /mnt/isodvd/
nimrodel:/mnt # ls /mnt/isodvd/etc/init.d/n*
/mnt/isodvd/etc/init.d/nfs
nimrodel:/mnt # ls /mnt/isodvd/sbin/rc*
/mnt/isodvd/sbin/rcopen-iscsi

So... I was right. There is no "network" or "rcnetwork" init script in
the install system.

> Dunno, maybe you have configured your network interface to shut down
> (but I doubt you did).

What are you talking about??? :-O

Me, configuring the what... to close... in the SUSE INSTALL DVD? Do you
think that if I were working at Novell I would be asking this here?

Have you really read my question before posting?

:-//

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.