Re: [opensuse-factory] update to RC1 with add on source fails
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:23:12 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:
> I'm doing an update or upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2-RC1 - it is not a fresh
> install (the 10.1 is a test partition installed almost on purpose to test
> this procedure).
>
> This is important: it is not a fresh install. It is an update of an
> already installed system. I'm testing the 10.1 to 10.2 update. Many
> configuration questions are skipped by the installer program, becauseit
> only has to look at the installed old system to know them.
>

> Boot from 10.2-RC1 DVD, get to the question of what I want to do, select
> update system, click on add on sources, and a bit further on, it requests
> me to add those sources. Fails to add them, no network yet.
>
> This is before the window where the info of what it is going to
> install/update/whatever appears. I had to cancell the add on sources to
> get to the next window, but there is nothing about network there.
>
> So I aborted, and I await for instructions :-}

I hope this has been already fixed, we currently have an RC4.

Anyway, you can run it again and start the network manually before you
try to add that additional source:
See this http://en.opensuse.org/YaST_Tips

Ctrl+Shift+X -- opens xterm (`exit` or `Ctrl+d` to close it)
or
Ctrl+Alt+F2 -- switches from Qt to console (Alt+F7 to go back)

then type `rcnetwork start` and see what happens ;)

Dunno, maybe you have configured your network interface to shut down
(but I doubt you did).

Lukas