Re: [opensuse-factory] Tier-2 languages in RC1
  • From: "Ain Vagula" <avagula@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:06:49 +0200
2006/11/24, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>:
"Ain Vagula" <avagula@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks for response, but I'd like to remind for future, that
> translation teams will get most of feedback from released version
> users. In small communities are not so much people using factory. So
> for WIP-projects the 98% limit will be a step backwards.

Those will be - and have been during the beta phase - on the Language
Addon media. This is a step forward since you now can install them
via CD - with 10.1 for example some files were only available via ftp,

Oh yes, who knows better how to use addons than translator of yast modules ;)
Sorry for previous mess but the policy was really unclear for me when
starting this conversation. Otherways, maybe 98% is too hard limit?
I'd think that 99% of users will ever see ~80% of messages. In OO.o we
have limit for including at 80% translated UI messages and I find it
quite fair, as there is hard to find eg. Basic and database
translators and - dominating part of users don't use these modules. In
OpenSuSE base system translation things can be even worse - it stops
not for only due missing competent translators but also due missing
terminology, and here we need time to discuss and find solutions
together with terminology 'owners' ;)

ain