Re: [opensuse-factory] ZMD consumes 70-85% cpu during more than 150 minutes...
  • From: Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:00:19 +0100
Mandag 06 november 2006 14:43 skrev Robby (M9.) Verberne:
> > You don't need to "prove" anything. If it's useless for you, just
> > uninstall it and use another tool as so many other people do.
>
> Did you you try to uninstall it in 102?
> There are so many dependencies, that we are stuck with the bloody app.
> and that is one of the reasons I do not trust this app at all.

On a 10.2 KDE install I believe Zmd only depends on rug. Maybe also
libzypp-zmd-backend, can't remember.

I believe a pattern is being provided (in b2) for lightweight package
management replacing zen-updater with opensuse-updater and rug with zypper,
making zmd obsolete, and YaST much faster. Personally I think this setup
shows much promise. But of course both zypper and opensuse-updater are still
young.

Martin