Re: [opensuse-factory] Media for openSUSE 10.2
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 08:01:45 +0200
I like it very much to see more packages on the CDs/DVD. (7 CDs vs
5CDs for 10.0)
I like this decision.

I would really like to see an optional second DVD that has all the
rest packages from the FTP tree (otherwise I will download the tree
anyways).

In real world, it is much faster to spend a day or two to download
everything and then just spend few seconds installing rare stuff from
the second DVD. (instead of minutes for installing from FTP)

Debians practises Dual DVDs since 3.1, I think as their "official" thingie.

Another topic:

Linspire have proprietary codecs on their "Freespire" distro. So, I
assume distributing those is legal... Can we include those codecs on
our "closed-source CD" ?

Andreas Jaeger: keep up the good work !

-Fenix*NBK*. 22.10.2006.