Re: [opensuse-factory] Media for openSUSE 10.2
  • From: William Gallafent <william@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:32:11 +0100
On Friday 20 October 2006 12:22, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Implemented in a slightly different way - we ask to add the
> ftp trees (currently factory) during install, you should see
> this first time with Beta1,

Does that mean that I can have the DVD/CD _and_ and FTP tree as
installation sources during install?

If so, does the installer prefer a local source, if the versions
of a given package are identical in several sources?

If so, excellent: this would provide the best of both worlds, in
that if the DVD contains the latest version of a package, that
local version will be installed (faster and less bandwidth),
and if there's an update available on the FTP site, then you
get that immediately, without requiring an immediate update
cycle.

--
Bill Gallafent.