Re: [opensuse-factory] Making space for yast-gtk
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:43:55 +0200
Hello,

Am Freitag, 22. September 2006 17:14 schrieb Ricardo Cruz:
> Em Sexta, 22 de Setembro de 2006 15:13, o Andreas Hanke escreveu:
> > what do you think about adding a a possibility to override the
> > auto-guessed setting. Maybe a setting YAST2_PREFERRED_FRONTEND
> > somewhere in /etc/sysconfig with these values:
>
> If people would like that, it doesn't hurt to have... But it may
> make more sense to make that user specific, no? [...]

Running YaST as user doesn't make much sence because the lack of
permissions, so a system-wide setting won't be a real problem IMHO ;-)

> Not that yast-qt feels much better in KDE. ;)

It's hard to make it better with such a general "bugreport" ;-)

Where do you see problems?

> Which btw I would vote to add a kde feeling to it and
> integrate it on kcontrol for a future release.

YaST was already embedded in kcontrol some time ago, but removed again.
Reason IIRC: You can close kcontrol at any time (killing YaST) - with
causes "funny" effects to YaST or your system (just imagine you
close/kill it while installing packages...)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Linux ist ein tolles Dings.....
Es zeigt mir jeden Tag wieder völlig unaufdringlich meine Grenzen, und