Re: [opensuse-factory] Making space for yast-gtk
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:43:55 +0200

Am Freitag, 22. September 2006 17:14 schrieb Ricardo Cruz:
> Em Sexta, 22 de Setembro de 2006 15:13, o Andreas Hanke escreveu:
> > what do you think about adding a a possibility to override the
> > auto-guessed setting. Maybe a setting YAST2_PREFERRED_FRONTEND
> > somewhere in /etc/sysconfig with these values:
> If people would like that, it doesn't hurt to have... But it may
> make more sense to make that user specific, no? [...]

Running YaST as user doesn't make much sence because the lack of
permissions, so a system-wide setting won't be a real problem IMHO ;-)

> Not that yast-qt feels much better in KDE. ;)

It's hard to make it better with such a general "bugreport" ;-)

Where do you see problems?

> Which btw I would vote to add a kde feeling to it and
> integrate it on kcontrol for a future release.

YaST was already embedded in kcontrol some time ago, but removed again.
Reason IIRC: You can close kcontrol at any time (killing YaST) - with
causes "funny" effects to YaST or your system (just imagine you
close/kill it while installing packages...)

Christian Boltz
Linux ist ein tolles Dings.....
Es zeigt mir jeden Tag wieder völlig unaufdringlich meine Grenzen, und
zeigt mir was ich alles noch nicht weiß.... [Axel Birndt in suse-linux]