Re: [opensuse-factory] smart behind proxy: out of luck?
  • From: Andreas Hanke <andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:06:22 +0200
J Sloan schrieb:
> In short, all http requests fail. There is no place to set the proxy
> credentials, and I try to set the auth parameters in the URL:
>
> smart config --set http-proxy=http://username:password@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> then it either fails, saying it can't resolve the malformed URL
>
> So, is this the end of the road for smart?

No, it is not. But you need the package "python-curl" for smart to
support proxies. Verify that you have this installed. It's not in the
10.1 installation repository, 10.2 will have it. For 10.1, you can find
unofficial packages here:

http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/cthiel1/SL-10.1

> The old yast worked fine

In which way doesn't YaST work for you?

> since all the
> repos could be reached via ftp, which is wide open here

You can reach YaST and smart repos via FTP as well. Just look at the
mirror lists in the opensuse.org wiki, there are many FTP mirrors
available and you can also try just replacing http:// with ftp:// for
your favourite mirror.

Andreas Hanke