Re: [opensuse-factory] Package Manager Update 3: Call for Testing
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:55:57 +0200
Hello,

Am Montag, 11. September 2006 16:58 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
> I'm just syncing out another update of the stack that fixes one more
> bug - found while testing script handling.
>
> Hope this is the last iteration, we plan to release this asap and
> welcome direct feedback!

I'm afraid you won't like my feedback very much ;-)

I just tried to install the update (with the previous version from ~aj
already installed).
Unfortunately, it resulted in
Resolvable id 326049 does not exist.
and _not_ installing any package or patch.

I already reported a similar bug (#193613) which was closed as
duplicate, so: should I report a bug or comment on an existing
(which?) one? #204422 ?

I'll save zmd-messages.log, zmd-backend.log and zmd.db in case you need
it - and leave the package management stack in its current state ;-)

BTW: Is there a way to translate the "Resolvable id" to something a
normal user can understand?
(I'm hoping for something like the "missing dependency" messages from
rpm itsself which are more useful.)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
> vorweg: Hier war gerade Stromausfall. Da hat der Sturm wohl
> irgendwo einen Baum auf die Leitung geworfen...
> ext3 hat mich zwar anscheinend vor größeren Schäden bewahrt.
Mit reiserfs stände der Baum noch. :-)
[> Christian Boltz und Ratti in fontlinge-devel]