Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE-10.2-Alpha3_Alpha4-x86_64-CD5.delta.iso on ftp.gwdg.de broken ?
  • From: "Brendan Mulholland" <firemulholland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 07:46:35 -0700
Not true. You can still use the graphical install, but only use
keyboard shortcuts...

On 9/7/06, Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Azerion wrote:
> Op donderdag 7 september 2006 15:09, schreef Vahis:
>
>> Azerion wrote:
>>
>>> Most annoying bugs:
>>> ================================================
>>> usb mouse is not working in X, this breaks especially installation Bug
>>> #203609 Workaround: Use textmode for installation, e.g. textmode=1 on the
>>> kernel line.
>>>
>> Yeah, what about it? It should go fine.
>>
>> What's the reason for your posting?
>>
>> Please don't answer.
>>
>> Vahis
>>

> I do.
>
> This is what is posted at the Most Annoying Bug-list and it's a bit
> underkill :P to start in textmode. You don't have to as long as you do not
> have a mouse connected to the USB-port.
>
> My version is better :P
>
> Azerion

In my opinion to choose another installation option is far easier than
to go to a shop to buy another mouse just for installing, don't you think?

If you OTOH want to install without the mouse at all then you need to do
it in text mode anyway, huh?

Vahis

--
Sometimes I reply to top posters. Seldom. And usually just once.
http://waxborg.servepics.com/English/Linux/SUSE.10.1/suse10.1.html

Brendan Mulholland
aka Chippy
A member of the Foxed Design Team