Re: [opensuse-factory] distribution meeting - introduction and agenda
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 00:41:09 +0200
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 16. August 2006 20:21 schrieb Robert Schiele:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 06:42:44PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
[...]
> Well, if you don't have the background information for a specific
> topic it might not make much sense to give a comment to that topic,
> right?

It depends on the point of view ;-)
I prefer to know about the changes in advance - that's much better than
whining afterwards if something is broken.

Don't get me wrong - there are topics that I won't comment (like
compiler options or kernel packages) because I don't know much about
them and am not really interested in, too.
But when changes in the basesystem (like dropping SuSEconfig) are
discussed, it's always good to know what will replace their
functionality. A short summary (like in the kernel section of Andreas'
mail) would really be useful.

> And btw. there is not a requirement that you give an answer to all
> open questions in the universe. ;-)

42 *eg*

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
1.-4.9.2006: Weinfest in Insheim
Pig Slip, Hifi-Delity, AH-Band, Frank Petersen und die Deafen Goblins