Re: [opensuse-factory] provider problems
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:12:01 +0200
* Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [Aug 14. 2006 12:03]:
> Hello,
> I rsync-ed this night and tried to install factory and tried to install
> on my Pegasos PPC. There seems to be a couple of problems with
> providers. I got a message that a total of 37MB of software is going to
> be installed due to unresolvable software conflicts :-) Then I checked,
> what's wrong, and got the following:
> - there is no installable provider for 'yast2-perlbinding' (it is
> actually there)

Well, it actually says "no installable" provider. So the one which
is there somehow cannot be installed.

Try to select 'yast2-perlbinding' by itself to get more details
why it is not installable.

Yes, the solver reporting is far from perfect. The current reporting
data is targeted towards non-interactive tools, like 'rug'. We are working
on improvements for interactive tools (yast) to add more detail to
solver results.

Klaus