Re: [opensuse-factory] updating m4 package from factory
  • From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:19:50 +0200
On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 05:27:33AM +0200, Andreas Hanke wrote:
> To answer your question: Factory is not guaranteed to be always consistent.

Good.

> See also: http://en.opensuse.org/Factory
>
> For example, it can happen that a package is updated in such a way that
> dependent packages have to be updated as well, but the updated packages
> of the dependent packages don't build.

Well, that's fine if it really is just a build problem. But that's not
always the case. Sometimes (as in the udev split) providing the new
packages is just forgotten.

> This will probably always happen from time to time and disappear again
> shortly afterwards.

Well, if "shortly" covers an interval of more thant one week, ok.

I have one (small/not-so-small) wish regarding these inconsistencies:
Could the repo be checked automatically after new packages have been
posted or packages have been replaced and the result be posted to this
list?

ciao
Joerg
--