Re: [opensuse-factory] Idea for SuSEfirewall2
  • From: "Johan N." <yepssss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 02:19:12 +0200
2006/6/30, Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>:

Actually, yast2-firewall has been proposed to be used by common users.
With some [Advanced] configuration for advanced users (or Server
settings).

Xinetd configuration is a bit different and it's not suitable for common
users. From my point of view, it's one badly-arranged table of settings.

Firewall configuration is set of more features divided into smaller
dialogs. Considering the fact, that firewall plays with the security of
the system, it should be as simple as possible and there should be
listed as few entries as possible. That's why the firewall has also the

Everything you say as long as usability improves beyond current level :)

One good windows example of this that comes to mind is visnetic firewall.

Which also AFAIK I remember from my head has options for monitoring built
in.

Now combining the options to control speed/resources would be extremely
welcome too as a part of a more complete solution.

Angain just thoughts and ideas. I hope this makes sense

Johan

Summary screen before saving the configuration.

Lukas