Re: [opensuse-factory] bugs or not bugs
  • From: Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:43:17 +0200
> tirsdag 30 maj 2006 17:04 skrev jdd:
> > In short, what is really buggy in the update SUSE 10.1 sytem
> > and what is not?

I've put up a page on the wiki with the intention of preparing people for the
challenges of 10.1 - and equipping them to overcome those same challenges -
like I also mentioned at the status meeting. The point is to avoid people
jumping ship and switching to some inferior distro - perhaps one coming out
later this week :)

Check it out here:
http://en.opensuse.org/Using_10.1

I, or rather the wiki page, needs some information on the best way to disable
the beagle indexing stuff. And I also need some input on howto best recompile
the kernel module in case of kernel update when installing nvidia driver with
tiny-nvidia-installer. I think perhaps a paragraph on Updating
(configuration, ~suse/update/10.1, zen updater, YOU etc.) in 10.1 could be a
good idea.

I've taken the liberty of linking to the new page from the download page.
http://en.opensuse.org/Download

Martin Schlander