Re: [opensuse-factory] Bug 177758
  • From: Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 17:39:33 +0300
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>> houghi wrote:

>>> Having a crontab every 20 minutes seems to do the trick Just keep it
>>> awake. I do not know what the concequences are and it seems to be an
>>> extremely ugly trick, I think.
>>>

>> I wonder if anyone has come up with any problems with houghi's workaround?
>> Or any other workaroud?
>>

> Edit /etc/zmd/zmd.conf and change the sleep-interval:
> [Server]
> sleep-interval=1800
>
> Change 1800 to something larger...
>
> Andreas

But doesn't this only make him go to sleep more seldom?
The next time I need him he's asleep again anyway..

I'd need him to be awake, fresh and ready when I need him.

Houghi's solution obviously would do that, but as he said, it's
processor load and server traffic in vain.

I have had refresh on in all my YaST sources in 10.0, so I know it takes
a lot of time to refresh, so maybe it's just the same here. When I know
I'm going to need zmd, I'll ask him to wake up and go do something else
for a while.

In case I forget him for a too long time, I think what Andreas says will
prevent him from going to sleep again too soon.

Vahis

--
Sometimes I answer to top posters. Once.
http://waxborg.servepics.com/English/Linux/SUSE.10.1/suse10.1.html