Re: [opensuse-factory] sudo and makeSUSEdvd [Was: makeSUSEdvd error]
On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 02:18:33PM +1200, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> 1) Insert information into --help which states what lines to put into
> sudo's config to make it work with sudo, and what the implications are.

The only thing I could put in it is to look at `man sudoers` and such.

> 2) Mention in --help that the script must be run as root to be able to
> copy out the contents from ISO images.

With 0.30 sudo does not do that anymore.

> 3) Suggest a line in --help to be put into /etc/fstab, which allows any
> user to mount any ISO image from a defined public place at a predefined
> mount point. MAKE SURE(!) that dev,suid are on and auto is off on the
> mount options. You might find other options useful too.

In no way am I going to sugest such a thing.

> > Also now it is proven that I can copy the content of the iso to anywhere,
> > it is strange that loop demands this. I believe it is not so much sudoers
> > that must be changed, it is loop that must be changed.
>
> You don't understand the loop mechanism.

Indeed I don't and I don't understand a lot else. That is the reason I am
not going to tell others to change anything else on their machine that can
be a security issue.

However the point is moot as with 0.30 only installing stuff needs sudo.

houghi

List Navigation