Re: [opensuse-factory] sudo and makeSUSEdvd [Was: makeSUSEdvd error]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:47:09 +0200 (CEST)

The Wednesday 2006-05-10 at 13:02 +0200, houghi wrote:

> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 12:40:26PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> <snip>
> > Because you have a default, non configured, sudo installation. A sudoers
> > file configured normally does not allow your script to run.
>
> I would call a non-edited file the 'normal' file. Wether this is good or
> not is another issue.

Well, I'll accept that it is "normal" in the mathematical sense that it is
the more frequent case. But anybody that configures sudo will see the
recommendation to delete those two lines, and then, it fails.

> > > That is an altogether different discussion and has nothing to do with
> > > makeSUSEdvd. If that is what you want to talk about, perhaps using a
> > > different sugbject might have been better.
> >
> > But I did!
>
> No, you did not. Note the "AND" in the subject.

Intentionally so. Sudo in relation to the script.

> Unfortunatly it is out of scope to makeSUSEdvd to edit sudoers or work
> with a non-standard, out of the box sudoer.

I never thought of the script editing sudoers. My idea was to determine,
if possible, what would have to be edited in the sudoers file, and let the
user do that if he wanted. It was never my idea to modify the script in
any way. Unfortunately, it is not an easy task, maybe not even possible.

But what you call the non standard sudoers file configuration, is in fact
the correct sudoers configuration. The script is relying on a wrong
configuration that happens to be typical.

See, if the user already has the root password, he can directly run it as
root with no hassle.

Anyway, I leave the discussion as it is, as I'm unable to make the point
understood. If anybody can explain it better... :-?

> Luckily I have found a solution for most things. Little sleep and lots of
> Zappa does that to a human. :-)

¬°Good!

- --
Cheers,