Xorg 7.x Modular for 10.2?
  • From: Andrew Lofthouse <loftyhauser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:24:07 -0400
Hi all,

I know that 10.1 is just coming out and this may be a little soon...

What are the plans for Xorg 7.x modular build for 10.2? How soon can we
expect packages (perhaps even updates for 10.1)?

I ask because I run SUSE on a Tablet PC, and display rotation is only
available in the latest intel video driver that is only available for Xorg
7.0 modular. Fedora Core 5 already has it and I'm able to rotate the display
correctly with the updated drivers in Fedora (but Fedora integrates KDE
horribly, and the other niceties, such as powersaved and s2ram are not
available in Fedora, so I prefer SUSE).

By the way, I just installed 10.1 again from the factory inst-source
yesterday, and it looks great.

Regards,

ajl

  • No further messages