Re: [opensuse-factory] tagmedia question
  • From: "Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 08:34:13 +0200
On 9 May 2006 at 4:32, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 9 May 2006, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
>
> > Option 1: make the ISO filesystem several blocks too large by adding
> > zero-filled blocks at the end.
>
> Right. ISO-9660 says "two seconds silence" at EOM, and that is equivalent
> to a padding of 300 kBytes (75 frames per second of 2048 klbytes each.

This goes back to the audio CDs, right? Maybe the idea behind was not Linux kernel
read ahead, but switching from emphasis to de-emphasis might take some time. Maybe
also the padding is needed to lock the RPMs to the current track after a "skip
track", or it helps the CD player to detect a new track in "fast forward" mode. I
really do not know.

Regards,
Ulrich

< Previous Next >