Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: makeSUSEdvd error
  • From: mhilzinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Marcel Hilzinger)
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 23:09:13 +0200
On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 07:53:41PM +0200, houghi wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 07:30:34PM +0200, Marcel Hilzinger wrote:
> > This is only because you did not use all CDs.
>
> I know.
>
> > Adding the LOCAL_KEY manually works for me.
>
> Indeed, as does calculating it correctly.
>
> > Hougi: Perhaps it's best to ask the user for the key, then eventually check,
> > if the given key is in gpg --list-secret-keys to avoid typos
>
> This will most likely cause more problems and confusion then it solves.
> People will enter the wrong one or misread or just do not know what to do.
>
> Before this, I never used gpg and I asume many others are the same. Say if
> the script asked for the key, I would have no idea what to enter.

What about checking, if there is a local secret key, and if not, add the
possibility to create one :-)

Btw. I do not have any problems with running whole script as root. From
the point of userfriendlyness, the first thing the script should do is
ask for the root password, if the user is not logged in as root.

Keep up the good work

Marcel

< Previous Next >
List Navigation