Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: makeSUSEdvd error
On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 06:27:16PM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> > I have brought "PUT_KEY_IN_INITRD" down a few lines. "PUT_KEY_IN_INITRD"
> > uses the variable $LOCAL_KEY, so it might be better to use it after
> > $LOCAL_KEY is calculated.
>
> Yes, I had a "LOCAL_KEY=0x...." at the beginning of the script.

Here lies already part of the solution. My key would be 08AD8FC5 and not
0x08AD8FC5. So I added the following line right after LOCAL_KEY=`gpg ...
LOCAL_KEY=0x${LOCAL_KEY}

I now get the following error:
Cannot solve dependencies automatically. Manual intevention is required.
* Standard System with GNOME (47.3 MB total)

I am then able to select the software. YEAH! And get into dependecy hell.
BOO!. ¹

> Hmm. This needs root access I am afraid. Is this a problem?
> (The two cpios need it, the rest likely does not.)

It should not be a problem, as it needs root already for the iso mounting.
I will look to move it more to the beginning, so that on slower machines
there is no need to enter the rootpassword a second time due to timeout.

So the problem was that the key needed 0x in front of the key.
http://houghi.org/script/makeSUSEdvd is what I use now. I will do some
more testing and see what happens. It looks promising, however.

¹ Most likely because I only use CD1 and not 1-3.

houghi

List Navigation