Re: [opensuse-factory] directory install ?
  • From: Jürgen Mell <juergen.mell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 10:49:08 +0200

On Sunday 07 May 2006 09:02, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Samstag, 6. Mai 2006 23:26 schrieb Hans Witvliet:
> > On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 18:05 +0200, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > can any make a install in a directory ?
> >
> > On which version?
>
> I have RC3 :(.
>
> This YaST2 Modul is total broken.
>
> YaST2 tell me the RPM datas are in use, when I say run YaST and
> SuSEconfig on first boot, next reboot the "MAIN" System was new
> configured, all default catalogue are in use .............

Hi Hans,

try to put the installation sources on a partition which is not used during
the installation. During installation set-up go to the expert options in
the partitioning menu and make sure that the partition where the
installation source resides is NOT mounted (after the system is installed,
you must add it manually to /etc/fstab). This way it worked for me with
RC3.

Bye,

Jürgen

< Previous Next >