Re: [opensuse-factory] java plugins for 32- or 64-bit seamonkey?
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <stark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 13:56:24 +0200
Hi,

On 2006-05-05 at 12:56:12 +0200, Pascal Bleser wrote (shortened):

> > If you think that's useful (I agree at the moment) to ship SeaMonkey in
> > 32bit version on x86-64 please file a bugreport as enhancement.
> > (But the three examples from above should really be solved from their
> > vendors!)
>
> What about packages that require gtkmozembed ? (liferea [1] being one
> example)

gtkmozembed is in mozilla-xulrunner nowadays. The devel package is
gecko-sdk which is only available online because of size constraints.

> [1] feedreader: http://liferea.sourceforge.net/
> http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/rpm-navigation.php?cat=Network/liferea/
>
> Since mozilla has been withdrawn from 10.1 and "replaced" by
> seamonkey, there is no gtkmozembed available any more.
> From what I've seen, Seamonkey doesn't provide a 1:1 compatible form
> of gtkmozembed - at least I haven't been able to build liferea with it.
>
> The MozillaFirefox packages don't ship a -devel, so I cannot use those
> to build gecko support in liferea (although liferea supports doing so).
>
> What about shipping a MozillaFirefox-devel and a MozillaFirefox with
> gtkmozembed ?

I want to keep Firefox a leaf package without such dependencies.

> Note that "too much work" would be a valid reason not to do it, I
> mean, I just throw that question out in the wild, but I'm very much
> aware that MozillaFirefox & friends are very tedious pieces of
> software to package.
>
> I'm just naively assuming that the headers, .so symlinks and pkgconfig
> files are being installed anyway and just being discarded by the spec
> file at the moment, which means it would not be too much work to
> include them in a -devel subpackage.

Wolfgang

--
SUSE LINUX GmbH -o) Tel: +49-(0)911-740 53 0
Maxfeldstr. 5 /\\ Fax: +49-(0)911-740 53 679

< Previous Next >