Re: [opensuse-factory] KsCD Test
  • From: Flávio Moringa <flavio.moringa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 12:09:35 +0100
Hi,

Günther J. Niederwimmer escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2006 12:49 schrieb Flávio Moringa:
>
>> Stephan Kulow escreveu:

>>> If you insert an audio CD under KDE, you have the choice between kscd and
>>> kaffeine. kscd only works if you have a connection between your CD drive
>>> and your motherboard/soundcard. Which is the reason we'll drop kscd in
>>> the future.
>>>
>> That's not true. If you go to the configuration Options of KSCD you can
>> turn on using direct digital output associated with a CD-Rom/DVD drive,
>> which doesn't need the audio cable connected to the Sound Card or
>> Motherboard from the drive.
>>

> with new motherboards, Intel ICH5-8, it is not working with digital output.

well, that's harder to work out... Do you think it might be a kernel
problem, maybe the module for the motherboard chipset, or audio module?
Or could it be a simple KSCD configuration problem? Does it work with
kaffeine, amarok or xmms? Could it be a Intel hardware problem? It's
only with the Intel ICH5-8 that it doesn't work?

--
Flávio Moringa
Technical Consultant

Caixa Mágica Software