Tablet PCs: On-screen keyboard displayed when screen locked
  • From: Andrew Lofthouse <loftyhauser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 18:23:40 -0400
All,

I run SUSE 10.1 RC3 on a Tablet PC (HP TC4200). I think it works pretty well
(thanks to the SUSE team for the great work that makes this possible!). I'm
able to use the Wacom digitizer and pen so I can use the computer in Tablet
mode quite well (although I haven't gotten the screen rotation via randr
working yet). I've also noticed that with 10.1 xvkbd is displayed on the
login screen when a Tablet PC is detected (although it is sometimes put
behind the background image, so I can't get to it to log in...). When
resuming from suspend to disk, though, I also have to enter a password to
unlock the display. This requires using the keyboard. Is there a way to
have xvkbd or another on-screen keyboard display itself along with the unlock
dialog so I don't need a keyboard?

Regards,

ajl

  • No further messages