Re: [opensuse-factory] Local Network Install Source with RC3
  • From: "David Barker" <barkerdc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 13:57:06 -0400
On 5/3/06, Graham Anderson <graham.anderson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David Hi,

I believe the problem occurs if you copy all the files from the installation
media ( CD's 1-5/6 ) into a single destination. This overwrites some files.
This was OK previously for creating an installation source but now signature
key checking is enabled it creates some problems.

The solution is to copy the files from each media into it's own sequentially
named directory.

e.g. copy CD1 into directory called cd1, copy CD2 into directory called cd2
etc etc

For installation simply use the location of the first CD, the yast
installation module and also the yast package management module will find the
additional cd folders automatically as long as they are sequentially named.

Hope this helps

Regards

Graham

Thanks Graham

I will give that a try. I had just been using the Yast Installation
Source Module to create the install source location.

Dave