Re: [opensuse-factory] new DVD idea
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 20:33:27 +0200
Tom Horsley wrote:
>> is that true? I was one of the first to ask for jigdo in the
>> very beginning, but did see little interest on it after then
>>
>> http://susewiki.org/index.php?title=Remastering_dvd_with_jigdo
>
> Hey! That looks like a nifty tool - I never encountered it before.
> Shucks, with it we could get rid of the CD iso images as well
> and just have template files for all the iso images and the factory
> tree of rpms - even less load on mirror sites (of course someone
> would have to make sure the template files were updated at the
> same time the factory tree changed).

AFAIK, jigdo uses wget for retreiving the files (good) and
uses some magic then to make a cd/dvd from them.

what is spectacular is that it uses several ftp servers at once

it simply call download.opensuse.org each time

"Connexion vers
download.opensuse.org|195.135.221.130|:80...connecté.
requête HTTP transmise, en attente de la réponse...302 Found"

as the data can be in cache in the download server this
should not be a problem

it makes downloading very fast. this was overloading my usb2
drive, but I beg the syn problem is not correctly fixed (an
graphic yast interface to do this would be very usefull- the
xml stuf is horrible)

"jigdo" (the GUI) is broken (and say so :-), jigdo-lite
works but I don't see any bandwith control (wget...)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net