Re: [opensuse-factory] new DVD idea
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 01:45:11PM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:

> > is that true? I was one of the first to ask for jigdo in the
> > very beginning, but did see little interest on it after then
> >
> > http://susewiki.org/index.php?title=Remastering_dvd_with_jigdo
>
> Hey! That looks like a nifty tool - I never encountered it before.
> Shucks, with it we could get rid of the CD iso images as well
> and just have template files for all the iso images and the factory
> tree of rpms - even less load on mirror sites (of course someone
> would have to make sure the template files were updated at the
> same time the factory tree changed).

Not sure about the load. Wether or not it would be good to update every
time factory is updates might also be another question.

However I like the idea. I recall it being discussed and then dismissed.
I can also imagine that different people can then submit their
configurations.

I am all for it. If jigdo had been supported clearly from the beginning I
probably would never have started with makeSUSEdvd. :-) Most of what jigdo
and makeSUSEdvd are doing is overlapping.

houghi