Re: [opensuse-factory] Factory updated on our server...
  • From: "Juan Erbes" <jerbes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:33:12 -0300
2006/4/29, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>:

Factory is updated on our server again - and is synced out to the
mirrors. We've seen a number of reports of about segmentation faults
in YaST with the factory tree. There were two problems:
* bad error handling in YaST
* Wrong release in distversion in the content file

The inst-source/content file should have "DISTVERSION 10.1-factory"
instead of "DISTVERSION 10.1-factory-beta" (the extra minus was the
problem). The second problem is fixed in the factory tree, the first
one will be fixed soon.

Therefore I advise to check that factory is updated before using the
tree before installation.

In what package are the description of the version and product?
Because I can't register it, and if I execute:
/usr/lib/suseRegister/bin # ./suse_release -a
Product:
Version:
Vendor:
Dist:
Distproduct:
Distversion:
Baseproduct:
Baseversion:

How can I complete these options?
I have installed RC3 (via updates from alpha 2).

Thanks