Re: [opensuse-factory] RC1 events/0 CPU usage
  • From: Chad Groneman <linuxlistacct@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:29:59 -0600
On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 18:53 +0100, Jon Black wrote:

> The process that is taking up 90% of the CPU is called events/0. There
> is an events/1 process that has 0% of the CPU...I'm not sure what
> these processes do but I think they are processor related or perhaps
> acpi.

I don't know exactly what the events/ processes are, but my guess pretty
much the same as yours. My guess is interrupt handling. It could be
ACPI interrupts, so you could try the failsafe method. I don't know the
ramifications of doing that though - it might be that there's a lot of
interrupts because something's not working properly (hardware).

Chad