Re: [opensuse-factory] recommendation for WLAN PCMCIA card?
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 12:42:33 +0200

Frank-Michael Fischer wrote:
> Hartmut Meyer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for a recommendation for a PCMCIA WLAN card.
>>
>> + supported out of the box (also with upcoming 10.1 release)
>> + 54MBit or better if possible
>>
> My Netgear WG511 works just fine out of the box. And it comes for €25 only.

Ralink RT2500 chipsets work o-o-t-b as well.
I have a Conceptronics RT2500, both as PCI and PCMCIA.

Only limitation: the driver doesn't work when you're using an SMP kernel
(including dual core). But a new driver is currently being developed.

BTW, here's the Hardware Compatibility List:
http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Network_Adapters_%28Wireless%29

cheers
- --

< Previous Next >