Gnome menu editor -- beginner's question, possible bug?
  • From: "Chad Groneman" <linuxlistacct@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:41:24 -0700
Hi,

I have a question about how to modify the entries in the GNOME menu.

While playing with beta8, I noticed my firefox seemed a bit slow to start
up. From the release notes, it looks like there's possibly a pango issue,
and I wanted to change the entry in my menus to start firefox with the
environment variable set. When I tried to edit my GNOME menu, I found that
the only modification I could make was whether an icon showed in the menu or
not. Even as root. Is this how it is intended, or is this a bug?

I'm primarily a KDE user and not as familiar with Gnome, so this is likely a
lack of knowledge on my part. How do I edit or add an item in the Gnome
menus?

Thanks,
Chad Groneman

PS - This is not intended to start a KDE vs GNOME discussion. Please don't