Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-factory (723 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-factory] Releasesnotes before hardware Configuration
  • From: "Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:36:26 +0100
  • Message-id: <44113A90.7000.14C00A16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 9 Mar 2006 at 20:15, houghi wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 06:34:53PM +0100, Azerion wrote:
> > I think 50% of the noob-peoplewill read the release-notes though
> > if they show up during the setup.
>
> I think it is about 0%. People who read release notes are a minority, no
> matter where they are. During the installation on the left side you have
> an explanation of what is what.

It may be that 98% of the Linux users are just idiots, but maybe the remaining 2%
have some professional attitude towards upgrading software, and those will
actually take the advantage to read it.

Isn't the question: Why do you display the license agreement? Do you really
believe those people who do not read the release notes will read the license
agreement?

Regards,
Ulrich


< Previous Next >
Follow Ups
References