Re: [opensuse-factory] AW: [SPAM] [opensuse-announce] SUSE Linux 10.1 Beta1 Released
  • From: Anders Norrbring <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:55:04 +0100
Prumbaum, Frank skrev:
Hi,

while updating my 10.1a4 to 10.1b1 the installation
procedure was very slowly reacting, my mouse pointer jumping
every second. This startet right after X came up from installation
cd. While starting boot cds of 10.0, 10.1a3 or a4 I never had this problem.

Furthermore my font installation seems to be a bit messed up, every
font package takes between 30 minutes and 2 hours to get installed. This is bit confusing cause I never installed s.th. by myself, my
system has gone all the way through 10.0 -> 10.1a3 -> 10.1a4. Could
this be an issue of the newly released Xorg?

I'm now 30 hours into installation with 40 packages remaining...

I can't imagine many who are patient enough waiting that long (Wouldn't
it be possible to have a button 'ignore this package'?)

Frank
------

This sounds lika a very local problem to your conputer.. I've installed beta1 on 4 separate boxes, i386 and x86_64 and all the installations went as smooth as expected, no long delays anywhere.
One of the installations was in a VMware VM as well, and as I said, all of them ran just fine during installation.

--
Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting