Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-es (1598 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-es] Zenwork.Zmd NullReferenceException
  • From: Gabriel. <gabriel.schwartz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 00:17:29 -0300
Hola amigos,

Esto fue publicado en la lista inglesa,pero no eh encontrado dentro de
mi archivo estas lineas para hacer la modificacion ??? Carlos tu sabes
como hacerlo ??

Muchas Gracias

On 3/7/07, Gordon Ross <G.Ross@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've built several OpenSuSE 10.x machines, and on all of them, I've had
the "fun" of finding that at startup/login, the ZDM stuff just eats CPU
& disc. On "quiet" PCs, the CPU fan has to work overtime just to support
the stuff, and on laptops, ZMD just eats disc I/O.

For a while, I just switched off ZMD. Then I decided to be a bit
cleverer. I altered the init script that starts zmd, and changed the
start command line to be "/usr/bin/nice -n 19 ${ZMD_BIN} $ZMD_OPTIONS"

Viola ! My quiet PC is now quiet, and my laptop now runs well at start
up.

Yes, ZMD takes a lot longer to sort itself out, but it no longer
affects me, and that makes me happy.

All I need to do now, is work out why ZMD takes so flipping long to
install patches regardless of it's NICEness... (come back YaST, all is
forgiven !)

On 3/9/07, Hector A Alvarez Contreras <nsialfred@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gracias,

voy a probar

--
Hector Alfredo Alvarez C.
Para obtener el resto de direcciones-comando, mande

--
(c) copyright 2007 <gabriel.schwartz AT gmail DOT com>