Re: [opensuse-edu] Branding packages, volunteers to work on?
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:31:44 -0400
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dienstag 10 März 2009 19:34:39 Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
Or the edu project can ask for permission to use the marks outside of
the automatic guidelines.

Thanks for bringing this up! Looks like we've more options than one :-)

Yes, of course.

It was never the intent to restrict use of the marks from things like
the openSUSE Education Project - but some use cases should be
reviewed.

If you'd like to rework the packages, feel free - but if this is
something being forced for the guidelines and you don't have the
desire to rebrand, feel free to ask. I think there's a very good
chance we'd grant the project permission to use the openSUSE marks.

I'm fine with starting our own branding - and if we get no success with
that until.... (one month?), we can ask to use the official
branding. ;-)

It's up to you - but, I do feel good about the Education Project's
odds of being given permission. :-)

Best,

Zonker
--