Re: [opensuse-edu] Announcing openSUSE KIWI-LTSP 0.7.0
  • From: Jigish Gohil <cyberorg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:02:57 +0530
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Doug Glenn <dglenn99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Great! Congratulations on the hard work.

I will be in my lab tomorrow to perform an upgrade. I still need to
get 4.x working in tandem with it due to the mashup of older model
network cards and 32meg memory systems we had previously used, so I
can get them back online. Are there any instructions out on how to
recompile the images? It would be nice to see if I can build a newer

Which image kiwi-ltsp images? use kiwi-ltsp-setup after mounting 11.1
DVD iso at /mnt/11.1 and configuring /etc/sysconfig/kiwi-ltsp
according to your setup.

set of images to use with 4.x than the Gnome/debian they were based on
to have a standardized look and feel. I don't anticipate too many
issues with blending the two at this time. All that has to change is
where the image is pulled from I believe. The older ones have to be
passed the initrd filename rather than the pxeconfig.0 file. I hope :)
I know I will find out sooner or later what else has to be changed as
well.

I have no clue about building LTSP4.2 images, but running LTSP5 +
LTSP4 on the same server should be possible. Document it on our wiki
if you manage to get it going.

Good luck

-J