Re: [opensuse-edu] Desktop wiki page refactoring
  • From: James Tremblay aka SLEducator <fxrsliberty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 03:12:29 -0500
The work here is awesome!

Lars Vogdt wrote:
Hi Kirill

On So 23 Nov 2008 23:38:41 CET Kirill Kirillov
<kirill.kirillov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
TODO:
1. age support (icons are needed, imho, we should support only three
categories, baby, youth and senior)

I've done a simple set of images now to distinguish the recommended
age groups.

The images are just a simple circle with different colors and the
"starting" age in it. That's because they would become to large if I
add more...

I've taken the images on
http://www.spio.de/index.asp?SeitID=420
as samples - the "FSK"[1] is a German motion picture rating system
organisation. Their Rating-Logos are well known here in Germany (the
Logos are on each back cover of DVDs, VHS Cassettes and even
PC-Software). So I think we should use at least their colors to show
the recommended age:
white => no age restriction
yellow => up from 6 years
green => up from 12 years
blue => up from 16 years
red => up from 18 years

I've already enhanced the
http://en.opensuse.org/Education/Applications/Desktop page with the
additional images - I hope that's ok.

2. cover 100% of EDU repo software (please, check)
3. add important EDU related software from official repo (please,
advise)

^^still to be done :-(

With kind regards,
Lars