[opensuse-edu] openSUSE-Education 1.0 (RC2) for 11.0 is ready
  • From: Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 20:27:47 +0200
Hi Developers, Testers, Users!

This is just to ask for "final testers" before we made the big
announcement over the weekend.

The openSUSE-Education Add on for openSUSE 11.0 is ready!

You can either download the ISO image from here:
http://www.opensuse-education.org/download/ISOs/openSUSE-Education-1.0-for-11.0.iso
(md5sum: 8b9a756f775c052ac38d47fe7d46361e)

Or add the online repository as installation source:
http://www.opensuse-education.org/download/repo/1.0/11.0/

(Note: Please re-add it if you've added it bevore - just delete the
current repository via YaST and re-add it.)

--------- Other IMPORTANT Notes --------------

1) As discussed on the last Meeting[1], we're now using
http://devzilla.novell.com/education/
for bugreports which requires an openSUSE-Account for filing bugreports.

2) I've nearly finished the big move from Education:desktop and
Education:server to our new Build Service Repository:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Education/
Nearly every package is moved to the new location - I just left the ones
which should be discussed in the old Education:desktop repository.

3) SVN is also moved and now on
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/viewsvn/education/

More information is available in the Developer-Wiki:
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Education

As you can see: we're doing again a great step forward :-)

With kind regards and happy weekend!
Lars