Re: [opensuse-edu] RFC: What is the best layout for ?
  • From: James Tremblay <jamesat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 18:21:48 -0400
Kirill Kirillov wrote:
В Срд, 03/09/2008 в 02:09 -0400, James Tremblay пишет:
Kirill Kirillov wrote:
Hi, all!

IMHO, the current layout [1] is unusable, since it's too overfilled.
My proposal is switching to something like this [2].
So we can just add Gnome, KDE icons, and may be some other information.
And we can change headers name too packages' categories.

Also I prefer this straightforward design [3] instead of our one [4]
with many differently aligned blocks.

In order to subdivide the repository we need to finish labeling each software piece with more depth,
This is why I created the columns with (?) in them , they need to be researched and the ? replace with X where appropriatte. then we can have : applications/Desktop/Gnome/ages4-12/science or math or language.
feel free to start helping.

I want to achieve another goal - to make this page usable to people, who
are finding software for own needs, therefore as clear as possible, with
out duplicating information, etc. I've done the following page for

Same goal. if we don't answer all the questions to subdivide i.e. is this math ? is this for an 8 yr old? is this ok on gnome? then we can't do what you want.