Re: [opensuse-edu] RFC: What is the best layout for http://en.opensuse.org/Education/Applications/Desktop ?
  • From: James Tremblay <jamesat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 18:21:48 -0400
Kirill Kirillov wrote:
В Срд, 03/09/2008 в 02:09 -0400, James Tremblay пишет:
Kirill Kirillov wrote:
Hi, all!

IMHO, the current layout [1] is unusable, since it's too overfilled.
My proposal is switching to something like this [2].
So we can just add Gnome, KDE icons, and may be some other information.
And we can change headers name too packages' categories.

Also I prefer this straightforward design [3] instead of our one [4]
with many differently aligned blocks.

Kirill.

--
[1] http://en.opensuse.org/Education/Applications/Desktop
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Games

Kirill,
In order to subdivide the repository we need to finish labeling each software piece with more depth,
This is why I created the columns with (?) in them , they need to be researched and the ? replace with X where appropriatte. then we can have : applications/Desktop/Gnome/ages4-12/science or math or language.
feel free to start helping.
James

I want to achieve another goal - to make this page usable to people, who
are finding software for own needs, therefore as clear as possible, with
out duplicating information, etc. I've done the following page for
example:
http://en.opensuse.org/Education/Applications/Desktop_Temp

Kirill.

Kirill,
Same goal. if we don't answer all the questions to subdivide i.e. is this math ? is this for an 8 yr old? is this ok on gnome? then we can't do what you want.
James